There are many UN jobs in Bangladesh in 2022. UNDP is an active organization, working with Bangladeshis to help build a strong, transparent, equitable society that improves the quality of life for all. We want a new generation of professional staff who want to contribute to that partnership by proposing new approaches to long-standing problems. They are looking for highly motivated people who are able to communicate about the culture and scope of society. They have many different opportunities at different levels with competitive salary-related experience. UNDP does not charge a fee for any part of the recruitment process (application, negotiation, processing, training, visa, or other fees).
In the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, UN member states including Bangladesh have pledged to leave no one behind (LNOB) and reach backward first. The LNOB not only involves access to the very poor but also needs to combat discrimination and the growing inequality within Bangladesh, as well as its root causes. This requires addressing inequalities and discrimination; actively engaging the most backward beneficiaries, including women’s organizations, and other agents of change, such as men and boys; and responding to the plight of the poorest and most marginalized women and girls, especially those facing discrimination and the many forms of discrimination. Many of the barriers women and girls face in accessing services, resources, and equal opportunities are linked to discriminatory laws, policies, and social practices.
This will require legal support, policy, institutions, and other measures to promote equality and change the tendency for unequal growth. This will also require free, effective, and sensible participation of all stakeholders, especially those most marginalized, in reviewing and following procedures to ensure accountability, seeking help, and treatment options for all.
Details of (United Nations) UN jobs in Bangladesh
The integration of the LNOB approach into national programs requires a series of steps, including identifying who is being left out and why; identifying causes, and identifying actions and interventions to address the challenges, barriers, and skills gaps that drive the exclusion of certain groups of women and girls. This assignment will be for desk research but should be consulted with other key experts and stakeholders where critical information gaps are available. The most important suggested actions are as follows:
Available above will require creative solutions, innovation, and the creation of high-quality information. With its work in the country for more than fourteen years in Bangladesh, and with great regional and international reach, UNDP is specifically committed to conducting high-quality research, especially on national development issues and policies, which can contribute to informed policymaking. In addition, systematic research can contribute to the development of appropriate projects, monitoring, and evaluation, and obtaining superior results. To that end, UNDP has established a Research Center which is expected to increase the value of the UNDP and project visibility and enable UNDP to become a strong policy adviser to its clients, supported by high-quality research. Apply for UN Jobs before the expiration date is gone.
Responsibilities of UN jobs in Bangladesh
- Help identify potential development partners who can partner with the UNDP in key/emerging areas of interest
- Review work plans, program/project papers, and report documents when submitting major courses;
- Identify and/or develop/participate in research opportunities such as diagnostic research and impact assessments in accordance with the needs of UNDP and those of key policy partners;
- Monitoring the media, identifying news of interest to the UNDP, and providing updates on economic and social development;
- Assist in assessing the position of investigators and specialists;
Collaborate with your partners to plan and participate in policy standards, webinars, and more to represent the affected areas of the UNDP;
- Conduct basic and secondary surveys and organize clear policy information based on findings to inform relevant decision-makers;
Ensure quality assurance of work submitted in collaboration with consultants;
- Develop an effective communication network with key policymakers/staff including the government, the UN comprehensive program, research institutes, and NGOs
- Provide research support in the preparation of notes/suggestions for ideas that contribute to national programs;
- Produce publications such as reports, policy summaries, and files based on the findings of the UNDP (and relevant) research and distribute them among relevant policy partners;
- Monitor the activities of professional researchers and supervisors;
Support for the implementation of the ToR in the appointment of professional researchers and commissioned subject coordinators
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic objectives of the UNDP;
Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it to work assignments;
- In the depths of world knowledge, especially in social and political affairs, regions, and the global economy;
Demonstrates culture, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality and nationality, and empathy;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethics (human rights, peace, understanding between peoples and nations, tolerance, honesty, respect, directing results (UNDP principles) impartiality;
- Participates in the development of project proposals, conceptual notes, feasibility studies, impact assessments, etc.
- Provides contact details for all program functions to help identify key integration points;
- Promoting Learning and Information Sharing;
- Investigates and analyzes best practices and develops new, more efficient ways of doing things;
- Strives to keep job information up-to-date through self-guided reading and other learning styles;
- They have a basic knowledge of the state-of-the-art policies and procedures and project management tools;
Eligibility & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in developmental fields (eg development studies, economics, mathematics, social sciences, management, or other relevant fields);
- Skills demonstrated with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and other research tools;
- Work experience in UN agencies / international donor agencies / INGOs will be selected;
- Commitment to UNDP standards and values;
Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team;
- Willingness to learn from others;
- The management style of consultation and empowerment and learning of others;
- Strong commitment to gender-sensitive development activities, inclusive and inclusive;
- Willingness to stay full-time in any project city and travel as needed;
5 years of intensive experience in specialized work, or experience in research or education;
- Experience in multidisciplinary research, research, reporting, and data management;
- Desk research and writing/editing experience;
Conclusion of UN jobs Circular
UN Women Bangladesh will launch its next five-year plan called Strategic Note (SN) 2022-2026 which will impact the lives of women and girls who are far behind. In this regard, UN Women is looking for a suitable coordinator who will conduct an LNOB study from Gender Equality and Women Empowerment (GEEW) to better understand what women’s lives should change.
UN Women, focusing on the vision of equality enshrined in the United Nations Charter, is working to end discrimination against women and girls; women’s empowerment; and the achievement of equality. Check details of all UN Jobs in Bangladesh and apply now.
To apply for this job please visit www.bd.undp.org.